I’m here to help you express what you do clearly, honestly, and in a way that calls to your ideal clients.
In a collaborative process, we’ll put the feeling and spirit behind your business into words that target exactly who you’d like to help, and weed out the flakes (people who want a ‘magic cure’ without doing the work!).
Once we’re done, your ideal clients will immediately understand:
- How you can help with their problem
- What they stand to gain by working with you
- Why they can trust you
Here’s how all of that happens.
Our story begins…
With a Discovery call on Skype (I’ve been vetted by aura and spirit guides via Skype – sometimes it’s just handy to actually see each other, even if we’re not looking our best).
- You tell me about your business, your ideal clients, the clients you *actually* get, and the specific project you’d like my help with. In that order.
- I will give you my very best ideas, because I really love talking about businesses, strategy and attracting clients and troubleshooting sales funnels. Weird, right? But it’s so fun, guys.
- Somewhere in this call, we’ll figure out if we’re a good fit. If we’re not, then if I can, I’ll send you the name of someone who might be a better fit. If we are…
It’s quontract time!
I will send you a quote/contract (quontract?) that outlines the scope of the project, what I will do, what you will provide, timelines and price.
All contracts require a 50% deposit before work begins. Sign the document, send it back, pay the deposit, and we’re a team!
But that’s not all I’ll ask for, because to do the job right, I may also need:
- Every nice thing any client has ever said about you (you might want to start with that list now, it’s very handy)
- Any existing customer research
- Access to analytics, heatmapping data, or an introduction to your SEO person
I want to know everything, so go ahead, pile it on. All the information you’ve got.
You will find unusual features in my contract…
I have an “it’s gotta work guarantee” in my contract for conversion copy (ie. sales pages, email campaigns, CTAs) that I have never seen anywhere else.
Here’s the deal: if you do not get more conversions than you started with, or if you notice something just isn’t working, we will revisit it. This is all included.*
*What is not included is an entire brand new version – that’s a new contract.
A total sales funnel review is part of everything I do
I am a conversion copywriter. That means the words I write generate action – they sell, make people want to click a button, download an e-book, join the cause, etc.
But clients don’t take action based on words alone – it’s a much larger journey. Very few copywriters take the time to look at each client’s entire funnel to find where people may be falling out. This seems crazy to me – it’s so important.
Based on my funnel review, I will give you recommendations on how you can support the copy I write to get the best results.
My insights are your insights
Often, as a result of my research, I uncover deep, important insights into your clients – insights you’ll be able to use in all kinds of ways for your business. I package them up neatly for you and send them your way.
Then the writing happens
Armed with alltheinfo, I’m now ready to write your copy. I will be very, very quiet. So be patient. It will be worth it.
In one draft or two, you will get your publish-ready piece that’s sales-savvy without being sales-icky, speaks to your audience with your authentic voice, and makes the world a slightly better place. Yep, that’s my personal standard.
We could stop here. Or, we could dig deeper. Totally up to you.
A/B Testing (optional, but so worth it)
It’s the moment of truth. You’ve published the copy or sent that email campaign – it’s (A)LIVE! How did we do?
If you choose to report back, depending on your needs, one of two things will happen:
- I will ask you more questions and see if we can tweak something to perform better.
- I will ask you to wait a couple of months, track your data, and then we’ll troubleshoot and tweak again (this option is when we just need more data).
Then we test the variation against the first version to see which performs better.
In short, for every project, I will…
- Learn about you, your business, your voice, your goals, and what you have to offer your clients
- Research your clients and identify their ideal outcomes, deepest wishes, and even deeper pain points
- Strategize the most effective approach, which comes from 10 years experience and constant study (I don’t rest on my laurels!)
- Review the entire funnel that leads to the copy-in-question
- Do the writing
- Possibly tweak & rewrite (because It’s gotta work!)
The question I get most often about this is:
“Will it still sound like me if I hire a copywriter?”
Yes! Of course! Every word I write does come from you. I just put your words into your best NPR voice. That’s my specialty as not just a copywriter, but a ghostwriter.
I’m here for you!
Seriously. I want your business to be incredibly, wildly successful because YOU are doing the heavy lifting to make peoples’ lives better. That puts a lot of responsibility on me to give you everything I’ve got.