This morning, I awoke from dreaming about compost. It wasn’t the first time. Nor, I expect, will it be the last.
What I love about gardening is that, at its core, it’s about solving problems. Have clay soil and 100 degree summers? Well, I can solve one of those problems – and that’s a start. The best part is, when you get it right, the results are downright beautiful. And delicious.
Plants are honest that way. Find out what they need to grow and give it to them, and you’ll have a jam-packed cornucopia come harvest time. My approach to content marketing is about the same. I won’t say there’s a right way or a wrong way to do it, but I know that one way feeds my soul. I think you’ll feel the same way.
“Salesy” – we don’t do that here. What we do, er, what I do is to learn about your clients’ deepest needs and wildest wishes, and write a page that connects the dots between what they desire and what you deliver. Most importantly, I do it honestly, authentically, and in your voice, telling your stories.
If your sales and landing pages haven’t been working for you – try mine.
*BONUS! Your sales page might not be the problem – part of every service I provide is a review of your entire on-site sales funnel.
*ANOTHER BONUS! If the first page I write for you still doesn’t deliver results, we’ll try out another version (I love working with SEO folks to set up A/B tests and heat maps). People tell me I should charge extra for this, but you know what? I want your sales page to WORK. It’s that important.
Side orders: I also write email campaigns (a series of 3-5 emails, usually triggered by a user action, like signing up for something or downloading a freebie).
- You love creating products and reaching your people – but you hate writing your own sales pages, landing pages, and their associated email campaigns.
- Your stuff is amazing – you know it, I know it. But your target audience? They haven’t quite figured it out yet.
- You want every word on your site to speak your truth and reflect your values, because that’s what your people want to read.
You know what you want to tell your clients. You know the words and phrases that have always reached their ears. But when it comes to writing your own website? Eeek! (We’ve all been there)
My specialty is analyzing how all of the words on a website work together to produce the results you want – engagement, community, sales. I can write every page from scratch and polish them to a high finish to appeal to YOUR ideal clients, or I can take what you have and reveal the shiniest parts.
- You’ve sat down multiple times to write your website, and ended up doing your laundry (and even folded your underwear).
- You have a website, but you know it’s not as good as it could be. It doesn’t reflect you, it doesn’t work well for your clients, and the words just aren’t quite right.
- You’re doing a soup-to-nuts website overhaul and want every detail perfect (I work great with website designers and SEO specialists).
- You’re like “Words. Um. Not for me. Make them go away please.” I can totally do that.
- You’re like “I love words! I write all the time! All the time. Oh shoot, I have no time to write my own website!” (This happens a lot).
I love a good ebook. So much so, that I only write good ebooks. What makes a “good” ebook? Marketing types would say “an ebook that converts! with a catchy title that makes people click!” I would say that’s scratching the surface of what a good ebook should be.
A good ebook, for me, is one that wraps me in the warmest hug and says in a very Dear Sugar way “Oh sweetpea, everything is going to be okay, because I have the information you need to make amazing things happen.” And then it delivers on that promise.
- You’ve got a draft, or raw material, but need someone who can sew it together in a way that sounds like your best “NPR” voice.
- You’ve got an outline, or maybe an old course you taught, and need someone to fill in the blanks.
- You’ve got an amazing idea for an ebook and want to work closely with a writer who can help you bring this idea into the world (and keep you on track, and on schedule).
Maybe you need something different or additional to sales pages, landing pages and ebooks. I’ve got you covered.
- Content strategy session (where we go over all your words, past, present and future to find what your audience will love. Includes blogging strategy, emails, social media, ebooks & other offers, and how they all work together)
- Website content sales funnel review & suggestions – a la carte (this is also included when you purchase a sales or landing page)
- 4-page website re-write, including Home, About, Landing or Sales Page, and a U-Pick!
- Tagline brainstorm (3 drafts of ideas that your clients – and you – will love)
- Email drip campaigns (set of 4 emails)
- Press releases
- Editing a la carte
- Ghostwritten articles (2000 words, typically used for a powerful guest post elsewhere that drives traffic to your site – I love doing these!)
Great writing is more affordable than you think! And I offer discounts to repeat clients. Tell me about your projects and let’s get started.
Things I don’t do:
- Social media (I know two great social media strategists though – just ask!)
- Regular blogging (If you need someone to write 1-2 posts a week – or more – I’m happy to play matchmaker between you and one of the phenomenal content writers I know)
- Whitepapers and anything else smacking of corporate jargon. Been there, did that, got the T-shirt, returned the T-shirt (it didn’t fit anyway).
- Design (but oh – I have some amazing people to introduce you to)
- Overall marketing strategy (I know this great gal…)